Sunday, February 22, 2009

They're off to NY!


They're finally up! XD The top most canvas is a lotus. This piece kinda pokes fun at materialism. For those who don't know ( which I realize could be quite a few people LOL) what meanings the Lotus flower carries, it symbolizes coming out of a bad patch of anything in general & it also to some, holds the meaning of reaching a level of awareness...moving away from a material life & on to something better( put in my own words lol). Anyhow, google it? :P So this piece for me is about a wanting to be free of a material world. In my opinion, life's just easier that way. Unfortunately though...it'll take a good while before mankind lets go of money & selfish wants...

Moving on...the canvas below that is called my " Blue peony". It's my personal favourite & I had the most fun doing the detailed work. This is my interpretation of the flower in my mind but visualized on paper, then canvas. The black background's got tinges of like a midnight blue undertone. There's no complicated reasoning to this flower. It's straight forward...I like the peony flower. I think it's beautiful..an asian beauty with my spin on it :)

These illustrations are up for exhibiting in NY at the moment for the end of the month. But they're also on sale. Interested parties can email me for my price quotes ;) or for a special request like a series of flowers done like the Blue Peony. They make good house warming gifts *ahem* For buyers interested in having this print on other media such as a tee/ tote bag. Email me again :) Thanks for viewing!

Laters xoxo

No comments:


WorkList

ProductClientStatus
Shoes (flower gfx)PingLanIn Progress

CompletedList

ProductClientStatus
1. Shoes(Original CMYS)CMYTPromo!: Made to promote! Email me NOW! Auctioned at charity.
2. Shoes(Maaad Fresh)SuzySold: Another happy client
3. Shoes(Feast your eyes)JamieSold: Another happy client
4. Flip Flops(More than just lines)SeanSold: Another happy client
5. Shoes(Retro Pair)CMYTPromo!: Made to promote! Email me NOW! Wearing it myself.
6. Shoes(Waves at Kanagawa, redone)JamieSold: Another happy client
7. Shoes(Feast your eyes)JamiePromo!: Made to promote! Email me NOW! Gift for Jamie.
8. Shoes(Color me PINK)PingLanSold: Another happy client
9. Shoes(Fluidty)KamalSold: Another happy client
10. Shoes(Fluidity 2 water lines)TimothySold: Another happy client
11. Shoes(Safari)JoelSold: Another happy client
12. Shoes(It's all bone)Luis.S.Sold: Another happy client
13. Shoes(B/G print Grrroovy)FabianSold: Another happy client
14. Flip Flops(Pink Flips!)StieneSold: Another happy client
15. Shoes(L'Arte non e mai...)CMYTPromo!: Made to promote! Email me NOW!
16. Flip Flops(Zebra admiration)Sam L.Sold: Another happy client

Status explanation:
  • In Progress: Being worked on until finished (first in list)
  • NOT Paid: Still waiting to be paid
  • Sold: Another happy client
  • For Sale: Buy them now! Email me NOW!
  • On Hold: Waiting...
  • Promo!: Made to promote! Email me NOW!

  • Note: CMYT can't be held liable for using the wrong colors
    Last Updated: 25 june 2008
    Copyright ©2010 Missotten&Frances